Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Wine, Not from a Box



It's the holidays and a lot of us are looking for cheap gifts. What better gift than a delicious bottle of wine! The right bottle of wine is classy, impressive and you'll probably get to partake! "Now hold on there," you might say, "Wine is a swank gift and all, but it isn't cheap. And besides, I don't know a sauvignon blanc from a pinot noir!" Well, I was with you until last night on Fresh Air, when I heard Terry Gross and guests Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher, the husband-and-wife team behind the wine column Tastings, which appears weekly in The Wall Street Journal. They really broke it down for a lehman like me and now I feel confident that I can stroll into a wine store and come out with something great. For some tips that aren't included in this brief article recap, head over to my other blog, Mouse without a House! I'd love to have you!

2 comments:

Jessica Hanley said...

Hey, remember when I was visiting you for your college graduation and I recommended a chardonnay for your bf's mom's birthday? What did I recommend? I can't remember and it was really good stuff!

imuhwinner said...

Um, I have no idea. :( But now I know what to get for New Years Eve! YAY! i can't wait!