Monday, February 22, 2010

VAP!

About a week ago, I was cleaning out my spam mail and found an actual letter from a group in LA called The Virginia Avenue Project. I'd never heard of the project, so I did a lil' research and found out they're kind of an after-school program for kids interested in the theatre. I guess it's based on the NYC's 52nd Street Project, if you're familiar with that. But anyway, it's a great organization. The kids that enter the program have something like a 100% graduation rate, and 90% of those go on to college, and 85% of those are the first to do so in their family. Isn't that amazing?! Needless to say, I was totally on board to help these guys out.

They said they found me while doing research for a logo. I bet they found my Children's Way 5K logo through google, and wanted me to do a logo for their 5K. By the time I found the email amidst all the offers for erectile dysfunction pills and free iPads, the email was a little old and I worried they might have found someone else to do their logo, so I replied as soon as I could. Luckily, the next day, there was a letter in my inbox and my mind was working to solve this logo problem.

Initially, I resisted the idea of the something forming a shoe print, because it is so much like the Children's Way 5K, but finally gave in. It's just so perfect, I couldn't help it, and that's the one the client chose, so whada'ya gonna do? I like how it turned out, but I still think the little orphan Annie one could have been super cute.