Friday, September 5, 2008

There's Always Money in the Banana Stand Cake





Before I tell you anything about my baking skills, I have to give props to my boyfriend's parents for letting take over their AMAZING kitchen every once in a while. I would use my own, but theirs is SO much nicer. They had a professional come in and lay everything out. Everything is at arm's length and organized so thoughtfully. AND they have a stand mixer which is really fun and easy. Recently I seriously dominated their kitchen for 3 straight days, trying to get stuff ready for a bridal shower (post to come) and they were so nice about it. I couldn't even give them any of the product because I wasn't sure there'd be enough! I felt so bad but I am so grateful. I can't thank them enough, so I think I'm gonna make them a cake (post to come).

But anyway, this cake is named in honor of one of my favorite shows and the chocolate-dipped bananas often a plot point in it. It's a banana cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. I should have garnished it with peanuts, now that I think about it, but the shaved chocolate was really good too. It was delicious, but I'm not sure I would make it again. It kind of ended up tasting like banana bread with frosting on it, which, don't get me wrong, sounds delicious, but if I wanted banana bread, I would have made banana bread. The frosting was REALLY good, but I've never met one I didn't like. Here are the recipes:


"Best Ever" Banana Cake and Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I've only helped devour one of these tasty lookings!