Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Neck Sock.

So, over the Christmas break, I took a trip to Chicago to see my awesome sister, Jessica. It was such a fun trip and I can't wait to visit again, but maybe in the summer, when it isn't FREEZING cold! When I started packing for the trip, I quickly realized I was grossly under-prepared for the cold weather, so the night before I whipped up this scarf/sock, that I like to call my Neck Sock. I tried to push, "Nock" but it didn't go anywhere. Anyway, it's really just a crocheted square stitched up one side to make a tube. It was super easy and took like an hour to make (using really huge yarn helped, too).
As you can see, the neck sock goes right over the head to protect the neck, chin, mouth and even nose areas. It can be folded down when necessary or pulled up to keep my nose warm. Most of the time I looked like Bazooka Joe, but I really didn't care 'cause I was warm! Sadly, on the last leg of my trip, after almost leaving it behind everywhere, I finally lost it. But it wouldn't be too hard to whip up another one!

No comments: